There has also been another development which is adding substantially to the activity levels. After a longer than expected wait I have received a date for my pre-surgery assessment, which will be on June 19th. Since we must be in France in early August for a family visit (arranged before the cataract saga even began) we have agreed with my helpful consultant that I can postpone the actual surgery until after our return from France.
Suddenly the way is open before us for not only a couple of months in France (cherry time is approaching) after the assessment, but also a quick visit to Scotland to say hello to everyone and put the furniture back in place after last winter’s redecoration. So instead of simply taking the boys home next Friday and coming home, we will continue north in the very small campervan for a couple of weeks. If you don’t see me around much for a week or two, you’ll know the reason why. I’ll just be busy, busy, busy.
Now all we have to do is hope that the weather for next week is rather better than the Met Office is currently forecasting. The eternal optimist – that’s me!